Most of us go to the dentist twice per year for cleanings and then to have a cavity, or two filled occasionally. And from time to time, one of your teeth might give you pain and then go away like nothing ever happened. So, sometimes, it’s hard to tell when you need to go to an emergency dentist in Lighthouse Point. Leaving a tooth that flares up now and then to take care of later can be worse than going to the dentist right away to see what the problem is. Nine times out of ten, that tooth is going to get worse and cost you more money in the long run. So, what constitutes an emergency dental visit?
- Severe toothache – If your pain lingers and gets worth throughout the day, it can be a sign of a cracked or infected tooth. Likewise, if your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold, it can be an indication that a root canal is necessary.
- Loose teeth – If you’ve had a recent sports injury that knocked your jaw out of alignment, that could cause a loose tooth. Gum disease and tooth decay can also result in bone loss, which leads to loss of teeth.
- Abnormal bleeding and painful gums – Some bleeding in your gums after you brush isn’t a cause for immediate alarm. As we grow older, our gums start to recede, and we lose bone. Bleeding gums can also be a hereditary condition or an indication of a brewing infection. If your gums hurt and are bleeding more than usual, it’s time to see an emergency dentist in Lighthouse Point.
- Cracked tooth – Certain foods like hard nuts and candy can take a toll on our teeth resulting in a cracked tooth if we are not careful. If your tooth has cracked you might feel a dull ache that comes on subtly, or it could be full-blown pain. Whatever the scenario, if you have a cracked tooth, your pain will get progressively worse; it’s just a matter of time. It’s best to contact an emergency dentist right away to see if the tooth can be saved or if an implant is the best course of action.
- Abscessed tooth – typically, an abscessed tooth indicates an infection and is caused by a cavity that has been left untreated for a long time. Usually, this infection can result in pain and fever, so the faster you get to the emergency dentist in Lighthouse Point, the better your chances are in alleviating the pain and treating the tooth back to health.
Trust the Dental Experts
At Sedation Dental Spa, we provide emergency dental care in Lighthouse Point. Our team has years of professionalism and experience, helping people repair their precious smiles. Some of our other services include Invisalign, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, implants, and dermal fillers. When you’re looking for a professional to assist with an emergency, we’re your trusted resource. Rest assured our experienced, caring staff will get to the root of the problem utilizing our pain-free sedation techniques and get you back home asap. Contact us today at (954) 946-8484.