For Tooth Emergencies, Call the Best Emergency Dentist in Lighthouse Point
Like other health emergencies, a dental emergency can strike at any time, and when it does, you have to get to a dentist – like right now! Thankfully, an excellent dentist who handles emergencies is not far away. When looking for an emergency dentist in Lighthouse Point, call Sedation Dental Spa of South Florida.
Emergency Dentist in Lighthouse Point is Just a Phone Call Away
Emergency dental care is one of our specialties. When we think of health emergencies, the ER (Emergency Room) comes to mind. But it may take you a very long time before a doctor sees you- and yes—a doctor – not a dentist, will see you.
This is why you should call a dentist when there’s an emergency. Here at Sedation Dental Spa of South Florida, we’re prepared to handle any and all types of dental emergencies. But you can help yourself and us in the meantime, by taking certain measures:
- For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or use a tooth preservation product.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
COURTESY: American Dental Association (ADA)
After you’ve done your part, get to a dentist, immediately. When looking for the best emergency dentist in Lighthouse Point, call Sedation Dental Spa of South Florida at (954) 433-4300.